- Who will be living in the home you purchase?
- Will anyone else be spending more than an occasional overnight stay (e.g., parents)?
- Describe your lifestyle. What do you enjoy doing at home? Do you do a lot of entertaining?
- Do you have need for an office in the home?
- Does your home need to accommodate any special needs?
- Do you have any pets?
- Do you have anything special that needs to be accommodated such as athletic equipment, fine art, large furniture or a large collection?
- When people come to your home, what do you want your home to say about you?
- Is there anything I should know about your lifestyle that I have not asked?
- Tell me about your ideal location.
- What is your maximum commute time and distance?
- What is your work address?
- Are schools important?
- Is there a particular view you are seeking (e.g., skyline, lake, mountains)?
- What else is important about your location?
Your Dream Home
- Do you have a preference for when the house was built?
- Do you want a house in move-in condition or are you willing to do some work on it?
- What type of home are you looking for (e.g., single-family, condo, town house, etc.)?
- What architectural styles do you prefer?
- Approximately what size house are you looking for (square footage)?
- How many stories?
- What size lot would you like?
- What type of exterior siding will you consider?
- Do you want a porch or deck?
- What are you looking for in terms of a garage (e.g., attached, carport, etc.)?
- Do you want to have a swimming pool or hot tub?
- Are you looking for any structures such as a greenhouse or shed?
- What other exterior features are important to you?
House – Interior:
- What kind of style do you want the interior of your home to have (e.g., formal, casual, cozy, traditional, contemporary)?
- What kind of floor plan do you prefer (e.g., open vs. walls between all living spaces)?
- In general, what are your likes and dislikes for the interior of your home?
- How many bedrooms do you need?
- How will each of those rooms be used?
- What are your preferences for the master bedroom?
- How many bathrooms do you need?
- What are your needs for each of the bathrooms?
- What features must your kitchen have (e.g., breakfast area, types of appliances, etc.)?
- What finishes do you want (e.g., countertops, flooring, appliances, etc.)?
- What are your likes and dislikes for the kitchen?
- Would you like the dining room to be part of the kitchen configuration? What about the living room?
- What size dining room table do you have?
Living Room/Family Room:
- Describe your likes and dislikes for living and family rooms.
- Do you want a fireplace?
- What size room(s) do you have in mind?
- What other rooms do you need or want?
- What else should I know about the inside of the house you are looking for?
- What are the top five things your home must have?
- Beyond those five things, what is something else you really want to have?
- If you could have something else, what would that be?
- If you could have one last thing to make this your dream home, what would that be?
Your Dream Neighborhood
- Areas you would enjoy
- Specific streets you like
- School district(s) you prefer
- Your work location(s)
- Your favorite shops/conveniences
- Recreational facilities you enjoy
- Any additional items or amenities to consider when selecting your target neighborhoods
Let’s look for a new home.
The information we just discussed about your wants, needs, and desires will all be taken into account when I choose homes for you to view.
In some cases, my clients find their dream home on the first day. In other cases, it takes more time to find the right home. Rest assured, there is a home out there just right for you. We just have to find it.
To assist you in the home search journey, I will organize a list of homes with the following information for each:
- Photos of the home
- The home address
- The current asking price
- The square footage and property taxes
- The number of bedrooms and baths
- The age and lot size
- Unique features and comments
Once we narrow down the list of properties that are of interest, I will:
- Provide you with more detailed information about the home
- Review the county tax records for tax liens, etc.
- Schedule a personal visit to the home
- Tour the home with you
- Determine how the asking price compares with other homes in the area
- Answer any and all questions you may have
Call today and let’s find your DREAM home! 407-534-2725